Over the weekend I designed these Spooky Spiders, I thought they would be a fun addition to a Halloween wedding reception.
These spiders would look fabulous positioned in table centrepieces or hanging from candelabras or attached to your wedding favours.
- 4mm wire
- Large bead (approx 16mm)
- Smaller bead (approx 12mm)
- 2 4mm beads
- 24 large seed beads or 4mm beads
- 24 7mm bugle beads
- Cutting pliers
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
1. Cut a length of wire approximately 25cms. Thread two 4mm beads onto the wire position them in the middle of the wire and twist the wire to secure the beads in place.
2. Thread the 12mm bead on the two ends of the wire and position snuggly near the two 4mm beads. Twist the wires so that 5mm of twisted wire is exposed near the 12mm bead.
3. Thread the largest bead onto one wire. Wrap the other wire around the back of the bead. Twist both ends of wire together and cut the excess wire off.
4. Cut a 10cm length of wire. Wrap the wire around the middle of the spider to form two legs. Repeat three more times until you have eight legs.
5. Thread alternating bugle beads then large seed beads. In total thread on three of each. To hold the beads in place wrap the wire around itself.
6. Repeat step 5 until all eight legs are completed. Bend the wires to form legs.
Your spider is now complete.
Please note the spiders are for decorative use only they are not toys and are designed to be made by adults as they contain small parts which are unsuitable for children.
Please feel free to make as many of my spiders for personal use. Please do not make and sell my spider design.