We are very lucky living in the UK as we have such a beautiful heritage of lace making, which of course was highlighted by the beautiful wedding gown the Duchess of Cambridge wore on her wedding day.
Lace is a beautiful subtle element which can be used throughout your whole wedding, not only in its original fabric form but also created on your wedding cake, stationery, favours and in your flowers.
I have gathered together a beautiful collage of both old and new takes on how lace can be used so creatively.
1. A beautiful little white favour box decorated with a pretty piece of vintage lace. Handmade by The Wedding Invitation Boutique.
2. A stunningly intricate cake iced with a perfect lace pattern and embellished with satin ribbon and a pearl brooch. Handmade by Cotton and Crumbs.
3. Gorgeous dusky pink buttercream cupcakes decorated with edible pearls and placed into delicate lace embellished wrapper. Handmade by Cotton and Crumbs.
Beautiful lace inspired colour palette of Vintage Rose, Silk crystals and Off White pearls.
4. Beautiful handmade bunting decorated with vintage lace. Available from Bonne Fete Hire.
5. Pretty lace parasol to shade you from the mid summer heat. Available from Do Yourself a Favour.